Universal Orlando Opens Up Auditions for Halloween Horror Nights 2021
Written by: PG
Suit up and lace up! The world-renowned theme park, home to epic franchises and beloved characters such as Spongebob, Transformers, and Harry Potter, is opening its doors to online video-based auditions for one of the most awaited annual events, the Halloween Horror Nights.
What is Halloween Horror Nights?
Halloween Horror Nights, dubbed as the world’s premier Halloween event, is a special evening program that began in Universal Studios Florida in 1991.
Today, this spooktacular event is held in four different Universal Studios locations: Florida, California, Singapore, and Japan.
The event was put on hold last year due to the pandemic but is now gearing for a comeback as it brings horror-ful delights and sinister sights on its 30th year.
Children under the age of 13 are not recommended for this particular event, and to everyone else, never go alone!
Auditions are Open to the General Public
Auditions were held internally for the scare actor, big foot, hybrid stilt walker, and puppeteer roles, but Universal is now in search of more amazing talent to fill their roster for this much anticipated event.
If you are looking for a memorable audition experience, then this may be the best opportunity for you to take!
Is Experience Required for the Role?
For the scareactor position, no previous experience is necessary.
For both the big foot and hybrid stilt walker roles, prior experience is a requirement.
Other Things to Consider Before Applying
All auditions are done through a video sample and the background must be a closed door or blank wall.
On top of the video submission, applicants must also send in their headshot, resume, and a full-length photo.
The first round of auditions took place on May 9th,, but keep an eye out for future openings because the auditions are ongoing! If you are still interested in becoming a member of the Universal Studios family, you can check out this website to stay up-to-date: https://auditions.universalorlando.com/home.
Rehearsal and Performance Dates
For those who were accepted, rehearsal dates begin in August.
As for the performance dates, take a look at the list of scheduled dates below:
- September 3 – 4
- September 10 – 12
- September 15 – 19
- September 22 – 26
- September 29 – October 3
- October 6 – 10
- October 13 – 17
- October 20 – 24
- October 26 -31
Other Roles Available
If you feel like you can fulfill another position better than what we have listed, check out a few of the other roles you can audition for in the future:
- General Actors – Well-versed individuals with experience in comedic and interactive roles to bring to life beloved characters from comics, cartoons, film, and television shows.
- Costumed Characters – Enthusiastic performers who are capable of bringing our favorite cartoon characters to life.
- Dancers – Technically proficient dance enthusiasts with an awesome personality to amaze guests during shows and parades.
- Roller Skaters – High-energy performers with a knack for flair and showmanship to impress our guests with their talent and skill.
- Musicians – Expert instrumentalists that can partake in a variety of attractions, including the Dueling Piano Players and the Saxophone Players in the Blues Brothers’ Show.
- Singers – An individual with amazing vocal range and captivating stage presence (may involve movement and dance).
- Performers – Individuals with a unique set of skills that showcase athleticism, flexibility, and other entertaining feats.
Inquiries, Guides, and Frequently Asked Questions
Theme Park and Hotel Booking and Reservations
Phone: (407) 363-8000
What do you think of Auditions for Halloween Horror Nights? Comment below.
Join the Conversation